As a former academic Dean, Distinguished Professor, Endowed Department Chair, Scholar-in-Residence and physician executive, Dr. David Edward Marcinko MBBS MD DPM FACFAS MBA MEd BSc CPHQ CMP® is originally from Loyola University MD, Temple University in Philadelphia and the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in PA; Oglethorpe University, Emory University, and Atlanta Hospital & Medical Center in GA; the Kellogg-Keller Graduate School of Business and Management in Chicago, and the Aachen City University Hospital, Koln-Germany. He is one of the most innovative global thought leaders in public health, business, policy management and entrepreneurship today.
Dr. Marcinko is a board certified physician-executive, surgical fellow, noted Health 2.0 speaker, journal publisher and researcher, public and population health advocate, former hospital medical staff Vice-President, Chief Executive and Education Officer and philanthropist with more than 400 published papers; 5,150 op-ed pieces and over 125+ international presentations to his credit; including the top 10 biggest pharmaceutical companies and financial services firms in the nation. He is a best-selling Amazon author with 30 published text books in four languages [National Institute of Health, Library of Congress and Library of Medicine].
Dr. Marcinko is also past Editor-in-Chief of the prestigious “Journal of Health Care Finance“, and a former Certified Financial Planner®, who was named “Health Economist of the Year” in 2010. He is a Federal and State court approved expert witness featured in hundreds of peer reviewed medical, business, management and trade publications [AMA, ADA, APMA, AAOS, Physicians Practice, Investment Advisor, Physician’s Money Digest and MD News].
As a licensed insurance agent, RIA and SEC registered endowment fund manager, Dr. Marcinko is Founding Dean of the fiduciary focused CERTIFIED MEDICAL PLANNER® chartered designation education program; as well as Chief Editor of the HEALTH DICTIONARY SERIES® Wiki Project. His professional memberships include: ASHE, AHIMA, ACHE, ACME, ACPE, MGMA, FMMA and HIMSS. Dr. Marcinko is a MSFT Beta tester, Google Scholar, “H” Index favorite and one of LinkedIn’s “Top Cited Voices“.
- Endowed Advisory Board of Directors Member: Medblob; an emerging and secure military encrypted health information exchange and data warehouse; Boston, MA [2018-2020].
- Endowed Distinguished R&D Sabbatical Scholar for iMBA Inc; Atlanta, GA .
- Appointed L.V. Hackley Endowed Chair and Distinguished Professor of Capitalism and Free Market Economics for the School of Business and Economics, University of North Carolina; NC 2016.
- Visiting Distinguished Professor-of-the-Practice in Health Economics, Finance and Policy Management for Physician’s Nexus Entrepreneur Advisory Board; San Jose, CA 2013-2015
- Founding Dean – Certified Medical Planner® online board certification program 2010-2012.
- CEO – Institute of Medical Business Advisors, Inc., Atlanta, GA 2003-2009.
- Editor-in-Chief: Journal Healthcare Finance, Aspen Publishers, NY 2001-2002.
- President Medical Staff: Kindred Hospital, Atlanta, GA 1992.
- Vice President Medical Staff: Vencor Hospital, Atlanta, GA 1991.
- Dean Medical-Surgical Education: Atlanta Hospital and Regional Medical Center, 1990.
- Endowed Chair: Department Medicine and Podiatric Surgery, AHRMC, Atlanta, GA, 1989.
- Chair: Department of Healthcare Policy, Management and Administration, Atlanta Hospital, 1988.
- Professor Health Economics and Finance – Atlanta Hospital, 1987.
- Associate Professor Healthcare Finance – Atlanta Hospital.1986.
- Assistant Professor Health Economics – Atlanta Hospital, 1985.
TRADITIONAL ACADEMIC AND WORKFORCE REVIEW [printable]:
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume: Prof. David E. Marcinko CV 2019
- Cover Letter/Executive Summary: Prof. David E. Marcinko MBA cover letter 2019
- Academic Chair 3.0 Philosophy: Chair 3.0 Philosophy Dr. Marcinko
- Teaching Philosophy: dr-marcinko-teaching-philosophy
- Research Portfolio: marcinko-research-statement-pdf
- Curriculum Development: Curriculum Development MARCINKO
- Diversity – Leadership Style: Dr. Marcinko Leadership Diversity Philosophy
- Risk Management Textbook TOC: Risk Management Text 2016 Professor DEM
- Endowment Fund Management: endowments
- Recommendations: references-and-recommendations-dr-marcinko
- References: Available upon request.
- Transcripts: Available upon request.
© Content copyrighted 2020-Present. All rights reserved, USA.