As a former academic Dean, Distinguished Professor, Endowed Department Chair, Scholar-in-Residence and physician executive, Dr. David Edward Marcinko MBBS-MD DPM FACFAS MBA MEd BSc CPHQ CMP® is originally from Loyola University MD, Temple University in Philadelphia and the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in PA; Oglethorpe University, Emory University, and Atlanta Hospital & Medical Center in GA; the Kellogg-Keller Graduate School of Business and Management in Chicago, and the Aachen City University Hospital, Koln-Germany. He is one of the most innovative global thought leaders in public health economics, finance, business, policy management and medical entrepreneurship today.
Dr. Marcinko is a board certified physician-executive, surgical fellow, noted Health 2.0 speaker, journal publisher and researcher, public and population health advocate, former hospital medical staff Vice-President, Chief Executive and Education Officer and philanthropist with more than 400 published papers; 5,150 op-ed pieces and over 125+ international presentations to his credit; including the top 10 biggest pharmaceutical companies and financial services firms in the nation. He is a best-selling Amazon author with 30 published text books in four languages [National Institute of Health, Library of Congress and Library of Medicine].
Dr. Marcinko is also past Editor-in-Chief of the prestigious “Journal of Health Care Finance” who was named “Health Economist of the Year” in 2010. He is a Federal and State court approved expert witness featured in hundreds of peer reviewed medical, business, management and trade publications [AMA, ADA, APMA, AAOS, Physicians Practice, Investment Advisor, Physician’s Money Digest and MD News].
As a former Certified Financial Planner, licensed insurance agent, RIA and SEC registered endowment fund manager, Dr. Marcinko wss Founding Dean of the fiduciary focused CERTIFIED MEDICAL PLANNER® chartered designation education program; as well as Chief Editor of the HEALTH DICTIONARY SERIES® Wiki Project. His professional memberships [active/inactive] include: ASHE, AHIMA, ACHE, ACME, ACPE, MGMA, FMMA and HIMSS. Dr. Marcinko was a MSFT Beta tester, Google Scholar, “H” Index favorite and one of LinkedIn’s “Top Cited Voices“.
- Advisory Board of Directors Member: Medblob; an emerging and secure military encrypted health information exchange and data warehouse; Boston, MA [2018-2022].
- Endowed Distinguished R&D Sabbatical Scholar for iMBA Inc; Atlanta, GA [2017-2022].
- Appointed L.V. Hackley Endowed Chair and Distinguished Professor of Capitalism and Free Market Economics School of Business and Economics, University of North Carolina; NC 2016.
- Visiting Distinguished Professor-of-the-Practice in Health Economics, Finance and Policy Management for Physician’s Nexus Entrepreneur Advisory Board; San Jose, CA 2013-2015
- Founding Dean – Certified Medical Planner® online board certification program 2010-2012.
- CEO – Institute of Medical Business Advisors, Inc., Atlanta, GA 2003-2009.
- Editor-in-Chief: Journal Healthcare Finance, Aspen Publishers, NY 2001-2002.
- Managing Partner: Peachtree PodiatryGroup, PC 1995-2000.
- President Medical Staff: Kindred Hospital, Atlanta, GA 1992.
- Vice President Medical Staff: Vencor Hospital, Atlanta, GA 1991.
- Dean Medical-Surgical Education: Atlanta Hospital and Regional Medical Center, 1990.
- Chief Education Officer: Atlanta Hospital and Regional Diabetes Center, 1989.
- Eminent Endowed Chair: Department Medicine and Podiatric Surgery, Atlanta Hospital and Medical Center, GA, 1988.
- Chair: Department of Healthcare Policy, Management and Administration, Atlanta Hospital, 1987.
- Distinguished Professor Health Economics and Finance – Atlanta Hospital, 1986.
- Associate Professor Healthcare Finance – Atlanta Hospital.1985.
- Assistant Professor Health Economics – Atlanta Hospital, 1984.
TRADITIONAL ACADEMIC AND WORKFORCE REVIEW [printable]:
- Print Curriculum Vitae/Resume: By request
- Print Cover Letter/Executive Summary: By request
- Print Academic Chair 3.0 Philosophy: By request
- Teaching Philosophy: dr-marcinko-teaching-philosophy
- Business Curriculum Portfolio: By request
- Research Development: marcinko-research-statement-pdf
- Print Curriculum Development: By request
- Diversity – Leadership Style: Dr. Marcinko Leadership Diversity Philosophy
- Risk Management Textbook TOC: Risk Management Text 2016 Professor DEM
- Endowment Fund Management: By request
- Recommendations: Available upon request
- References: Available upon request.
- Transcripts: Available upon request.
© Content copyrighted 2000-Present. All rights reserved, USA.