- Allopathic Medical School: Medicinae Baccalaureus – Baccalaureus Chirurgiae: Marianne University City Hospital, Aaken Germany, Conferred MBBS – M.D.
- Podiatric Medical School: Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine: Doctorate Podiatric Medicine and Surgery – Earned D.P.M.
- Osteopathic Medical School: Rotational Surgical Residency / Fellowship
- Business School: Kellogg-Keller Graduate School Management (Chicago), Finance, Economics and Business Management, M.B.A. degree
- Graduate School: Piedmont/Atlanta Hospital, Degree/Certification: Pedagogy, Andragogy and Heutagogy: M.Ed degree/certification
- Loyola University Maryland: Bio-Chemistry B.Sc degree
- Oglethorpe University Georgia: Certification in Financial Planning [CFP]
- Internship: Atlanta Hospital and Medical Center (Atlanta, GA). Medical Intern
- Senior Resident: Atlanta Hospital and Medical Center (Atlanta, GA). Surgical Resident
- Chief Resident: Atlanta Hospital and Medical Center (Atlanta, GA). Surgical Resident
- Fellowship: American College: Foot Ankle/Leg Surgeons (Las Vegas, NV), FACFAS
- Board Certification: (Las Vegas, NV). Board Certification in Surgery
- Professor: Surgical Education: (Dusseldorf, Germany), Visiting Professorship.
PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL CERTIFICATIONS [active-inactive]:
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
- Certified Medical Planner™ professional designation (CMP™)
- American Board Quality Assurance Utilization Review Physicians (ABQAURP)
- Certified Physician in Healthcare Quality [CPHQ]
PROFESSIONAL FINANCIAL, INVESTING, SEC & NASD BUSINESS CERTIFICATIONS [inactive/active]:
- Series #7 license (general securities)
- Series #63 license (uniform securities state law)
- Series #65 license (investment advisory)
- National Assoc Securities Dealers (NASD)
- Certified Financial Planner
- Georgia State: life, health, disability, variable, LTC and PC insurance licenses
- American Society of Health Economists (ASHE)
- International Health Economics Association (iHEA)
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Microsoft Professional Accountant’s Network (MPAN)
- Microsoft Health User’s Group (MS-HUG)
- American Management Association [AMA]
- Sun Executive Boardroom program sponsored by CEO Jonathan Schwartz
- Healthcare Informatics Executive Panel [HIE]
- SUNSHINE [Solutions Healthcare Information, Networking and Education]
- IT society of HIMSS and Sun Microsystems (NASD-SUNW)
- European Medical Association
- American Medical Writers Association [AMWA]
Dr. David Edward Marcinko FACFAS MBA MEd is a board certified physician-executive, surgical fellow, noted Health 2.0 speaker, journal publisher and researcher, public and population health advocate, former hospital medical staff Vice-President, Chief Executive and Education Officer and philanthropist with more than 400 published papers; 5,150 op-ed pieces and over 125+ international presentations to his credit; including the top 10 biggest pharmaceutical companies and financial services firms in the nation. He is a best-selling Amazon author with 30 published text books in four languages [National Institute of Health, Library of Congress and Library of Medicine].
Dr. Marcinko is also past Editor-in-Chief of the prestigious “Journal of Health Care Finance” who was named “Health Economist of the Year” in 2010. He is a Federal and State court approved expert witness featured in hundreds of peer reviewed medical, business, management and trade publications [AMA, ADA, APMA, AAOS, Physicians Practice, Investment Advisor, Physician’s Money Digest and MD News].
As a former Certified Financial Planner©, licensed insurance agent, RIA and SEC registered endowment fund manager, Dr. Marcinko wss Founding Dean of the fiduciary focused CERTIFIED MEDICAL PLANNER® chartered designation education program; as well as Chief Editor of the HEALTH DICTIONARY SERIES® Wiki Project. His professional memberships [active/inactive] include: ASHE, AHIMA, ACHE, ACME, ACPE, MGMA, FMMA and HIMSS. Dr. Marcinko was a MSFT Beta tester, Google Scholar, “H” Index favorite and one of LinkedIn’s “Top Cited Voices“.
- Advisory Board of Directors Member: Medblob; an emerging and secure military encrypted health information exchange and data warehouse; Boston, MA [2018-2023].
- Endowed Distinguished R&D Sabbatical Scholar for iMBA Inc; Atlanta, GA [2017-2022].
- Appointed L.V. Hackley Endowed Chair and Distinguished Professor of Capitalism and Free Market Economics School of Business and Economics, University of North Carolina; NC 2016.
- Visiting Distinguished Professor-of-the-Practice in Health Economics, Finance and Policy Management for Physician’s Nexus Entrepreneur Advisory Board; San Jose, CA 2013-2015
- Founding Dean – Certified Medical Planner® online board certification program 2010-2012.
- CEO – Institute of Medical Business Advisors, Inc., Atlanta, GA 2003-2009.
- Editor-in-Chief: Journal Healthcare Finance, Aspen Publishers, NY 2001-2002.
- Managing Partner: Peachtree Medical Group, PC 1995-2000.
- President Medical Staff: Kindred Hospital, Atlanta, GA 1992.
- Vice President Medical Staff: Vencor Hospital, Atlanta, GA 1991.
- Dean Medical-Surgical Education: Atlanta Hospital and Regional Medical Center, 1990.
- Chief Education Officer: Atlanta Hospital and Regional Diabetes Center, 1989.
- Eminent Endowed Chair: Department Medicine and Surgery, Atlanta Hospital and Medical Center, GA, 1988.
- Chair: Department of Healthcare Policy, Management and Administration, Atlanta Hospital, 1987.
- Distinguished Professor Health Economics and Finance – Atlanta Hospital, 1986.
- Associate Professor Healthcare Finance – Atlanta Hospital.1985.
- Assistant Professor Health Economics – Atlanta Hospital, 1984.
UNDERGRADUATE / GRADUATE COURSES DESIGNED, DEVELOPED AND TAUGHT:
ECONOMICS AND CHOICE THEORY
- Macro and Micro-Economics
- Entrepreneurship and MBA Capstone Plan Production
- Monetarists, Keynesian and Austrian Economics
- Free-Market Capitalism and Psychology of Economic Choice Theory
- Health Care Economics, etc.
FINANCE AND INVESTING
- Psychology of Investing, Finance and Risk Management
- Investing, Wall Street, SEC, Derivatives and Real Estate
- Stocks, Bonds, Cash, Mutual Funds and ETFs
- Financial Planning, Budgets, Special Situations and Financial Statement Analysis
- Brokerage Accounts, Investment Management, Market Neutral and Hedge Funds
- Investment Policy Statement Production and Portfolio Construction
- Endowment Fund Management, Securities and Risk Return Principles, etc.
RISK MANAGEMENT AND INSURANCE
- Life, Property, Business and Casualty Insurance
- Workplace Violence Issues and Prevention
- Romantic Workplace Entanglements
- Pre, Post and Intra-Nuptial Divorce Planning, Mediation and Trials
- Medical Malpractice, Tort Reform and Malpractice Trials
- Asset Protection and Risk Management
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning, etc.
ACCOUNTING AND TRANSACTIONS
- Personal Accounting, Business Accounts Receivable and Payable Management
- Internal Medical Office Controls and Embezzlement Protection
- Managerial Healthcare Accounting
- Cash Flow Analysis, IBNR Healthcare Claims and Revenue Cycle Management
- Medical Cost Accounting and Activity Based Cost Management
- Physician Recruitment, Retention and Compensation, etc.
HEALTHCARE POLICY, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND ADMINISTRATION
- Physician Branding and Executive Leadership versus Management
- Medical Records, IT, Interactivity, EMRs and Cyber Security Risks
- HIPAA, PP-ACA, Non-Disclosures Agreements, Sar-Box and Stark Laws
- Pay Models: Private, Medicare / Medicaid, Managed Care, HMOs, PPO and IPAs
- VBC, ACOs, Traditional / Capitation Reimbursement, Retail & Concierge Medicine
- Medical Office, Negotiation Skills and Clinic Compliance Regulations
- Public Health
- Population Health
- Patriot Act and Medical Ethics
- Medical Practice Appraisals for Transfer and Fair Market Valuations for Sale, etc.
MANAGEMENT, MARKETING, SALES, INNOVATION AND INDUSTRIAL ORGANIZATION
- Business Management [traditional and contemporary]
- Marketing, Advertising and Sales [internal and external]
- Public Relations, CRM, Change and Crisis Management
- Lean Management, Khan-Ban and Six Sigma Process Improvement
- Strategic and Competitive Management
- Human Resource Management
- Evidence Based Medical Engineering, etc.
PRINTABLE ACADEMIC AND WORKFORCE REVIEWS:
- Curriculum Vitae: By request
- Cover Letter: By request
- Academic Chair Philosophy: By request
- Academic Dean Philosophy: By request
- Teaching Philosophy: dr-marcinko-teaching-philosophy
- D.E.I Leadership Style: Dr. Marcinko Leadership Diversity Philosophy
- Philanthropy: By request
- References: By request.
- Transcripts: By request.
© Content copyrighted 2000-2023 to Present. All rights reserved, USA.