FIVE YEAR GATED TEXTBOOKS-IN-PROGRESS PLAN [2020-2025]
With 30 published best selling textbooks to-date, author Dr. David Edward Marcinko was a MSFT Beta tester, Google Scholar, “H” Index favorite and one of LinkedIn’s “Top Cited Voices“.
Professor Marcinko is also past Editor-in-Chief of the prestigious “Journal of Health Care Finance” who was named “Health Economist of the Year” in 2010. He is a Federal and State court approved expert witness featured in hundreds of peer reviewed medical, business, management and trade publications [AMA, ADA, AOA, APMA, AAOS, ANA, Physicians Practice, Investment Advisor, Physician’s Money Digest, JAFAS and MD News, etc].
Currently, Dr. Marcinko is Eminent Scholar-in-Residence on sabbatical leave at the Institute of Medical Business Advisors, Inc; pursuing several ambitious Research and Development [R&D] projects, multiple journal and online WIKI publications, webinars, podcasts, and major text book initiatives now in-progress; and post the Corona-19 pandemic.
TWO  BEHAVIORAL ECONOMICS TEXTS
Raison d’ Etre
The U.S. healthcare crisis has reached a tipping point! There’s widespread dissatisfaction with a system that focuses on profit over health. At the same time patients, payers, providers and public health policymakers are beginning to understand the value of investing in wellness, rather than paying only for treatment. Technology connects us to social media. Behavioral economists empower us to change. Knowledge is power; and daily we are influenced by its ability to disrupt inefficient industries. The revelations in these two books-in-progress will educate us all and help disrupt the healthcare industrial complex … for the public good.
1 – HOBSON’S CHOICE IN MEDICINE [Crowd-Sourced Reflections on Decision Making, Health Economics, Rationing and Free Enterprise]
“LIVE” WEBSITE: http://www.HobsonsChoiceMedicine.com
Please visit and contribute!
NOTE: TOC, topics, invited contributors and release date subject to change without notice; guarded-gated; 650 – 850 pages each, est.
2 – HEALTH CARE UNCHAINED [A Compendium of Free-Market 2.0 Thoughts, Essays and …. Solutions!]
PROPOSED TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Section I: Economics and the Insurance Industry
- History of Domestic Health Insurance
- Collective Insurance Protectionism
- Healthcare and the Austrian Economists
- Cost of Becoming a Physician
- Physician Value and Worth
Section II: Marketing Analysis
- Competitive Market Analysis
- Physician Licensure, Unions and Oligopolies
- Maintenance of Certification
- Regulatory Capture
- Physicians and Politics
Section III: New Practice Business Models
- New Specialties, Ancillary and Allied Healthcare Providers
- Concierge Care, Retainer and Direct Pay Medicine
- Out-Patient Care, Values-Based Care and Episodes-of-Care
- Emerging Acute & Chronic Care Models [“micro” hospitals and “lean” practices]
Section IV: Emerging Insurance and Payment Models
- Political Fiat and PP-ACA Modifications & Alternates
- The Sharing Healthcare Workplace Economy
- HSAs, HD-HCPs and Tax Favored Insurance Models
- Medical, Nursing and Micro-Capitation
- Crowd-Sourced Insurance Funding and Crowd-Sourced Medicine
Section V: Future of Medicine
- Healthcare Technology, Tele-Aps and Tele-Medicine
- Futuristic Medical Visionaries [Interviews]
- Physician Executive Leadership [Interviews]
- Medical Ethics in the New Era [Interviews]
Note: TOC, topics, invited contributors and release date subject to change without notice; guarded-gated; 550 – 900 pages each, est.
Chapter Sample: Behavioral Economics and Psychology DEM
“Exposing what’s behind the curtain of the healthcare industrial complex”
Three  Inter-Disciplinary Grant-Funded R&D books on Health Economics, Finance and Managerial Accounting in Multi-University Development
- Personal Investing and Portfolio Management for Physicians
- Professional Hospital Endowment Fund Management for Director Boards
- ECONOMICS … for all of us! EXPLANATIONS … for the rest of us!
Chapter Sample: Investment Banking
Note: TOC, topics, invited contributors and release date subject to change without notice; guarded-gated; 500 – 650 pages each, est.
One  Marketing for Modern Health Care
STRATEGIC MEDICAL PRACTICE MARKETING, ADVERTISING, SALES AND COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS FOR THE MODERN HEALTH CARE ECOSYSTEM [Professional Skills for the New Era]
- Front Matter: FRONT MATTER Medical Marketing [Tentative]
- Case Model Example: Market Competition Case Model
Note: TOC, topics, invited contributors and release date subject to change without notice; guarded-gated; 550 – 750 pages each, est.
CURRENT TEXTBOOKS REDACTED IN THESE BUSINESS, GRADUATE, MEDICAL AND LAW SCHOOL LIBRARIES … and others!
Google Scholar, Open J-Gate, Journal Seek, DOAJ, Union Catalogue, University of California Library, National Library of Sweden, Scholars Portal, University Library, Saskatchewan, The University of Georgia Library, Chemical Abstracts (USA), University of Oregon Library, University of Groningen Library, State Library of New South Wales, Colorado State University Library, Ghent University, Belgium, WZB Library, Germany, Periodicos, Scotland Knowledge Network, Covered by SLUB; etc.
PUBLISHED MAJOR ACADEMIC TEXTBOOKS
© Content copyrighted 2000-Present. All rights reserved, USA.